There are currently four Companion Voices learning groups in the UK, located in Brighton, Hertfordshire (Kings Langley), Frome & Bristol, and Cambridge.
We are also planning introductory sessions in Weymouth, Hastings, Oxford and Southampton – please let us know if you’d like to attend any of these?
Groups have also been held in London and will restart in those locations once venues and leaders are in place.
Please note, these are closed groups so venues and costs are given on enquiry.
Please Contact Us if you’d like to find out more about visiting or joining Companion Voices.
Next Practice Dates ~ 2019:
We meet monthly for teaching sessions with Judith Silver (Founder) and most groups also arrange additional practice sessions. To assist members with arranging their diaries, we’ve listed below the next few months Practice Sessions:
Please Note: August 2019: We will be taking our usual summer break in August and Practice Sessions will restart in September.
2019 Annual Companion Voices Retreat Day: Saturday 26th October 2019
from 10.30am to 4.30pm in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire (please see our Events page for arrangements).
Usually 3rd Sunday of each month from 2pm to 4.30pm
- September: 15th
- October: 20th
- November: 17th
- December: 15th
HERTFORDSHIRE (Kings Langley):
Usually first and third Wednesday of the month from 10am to 12.30pm
- September: 4th and 18th
- October: 2nd (and Retreat Day on the 26th)
- November: 6th and 20th
- December: 11th (followed by an end of year social)
FROME & BRISTOL :
This term we are re-arranging things a little differently, with a number of events planned…
- September: on Sunday 8th September from 2pm to 4.30pm, we’re pleased to announce there will be a JOINT Frome/Bristol Companion Voices Session to be held in Bristol (perhaps the beginning of a South West England Companion Voices Network?!).
Cost: £10 to £15 – honesty-based sliding scale (please contact us if this creates any kind of barrier and we will find a way).
Venue: Bristol, please contact us for the venue address and to reserve your place.
- October: on Saturday October 12th Companion Voices Frome/Bristol have been invited to sing at the Pushing up Daisies Festival in Frome (please see our Events page, details to be confirmed)
- November: on Sunday November 3rd Companion Voices Frome/Bristol have been invited to sing at the Glastonbury / Wells Festival of Death and Dying 2019 (please see our Events page, details to be confirmed)
Fortnightly on Thursdays, from 7pm – 9pm, off Mill Road
- September: 5th and 19th
- October: 3rd, 17th and 31st
- November: 14th and 28th
- December: 12th
Introductory Sessions ~ 2019/2020:
We are planning introductory sessions in Weymouth, Hastings, Oxford and Southampton, as people in these areas have been in touch and are looking to setup a Companions Voices Local Group there – Please let us know if you’d like to attend any of these? Or if you’d like to start a group in your area?
Please contact us via our Contact Form if you’d like:
- to get in touch with and/or visit any of the groups
- to become a Companion Voices learning group leader
- to arrange for one of the groups to come and sing for you or someone you know
- any further information